WE ARE VIGIL: Into the Unknown: The 28 minute question circle
Time & Location
About The Event
Reverend Hagler and Michael Shoeman will co-facilitate the QUESTION CIRCLE IMPROVISATION. The purpose of the QUESTION CIRCLE is to spark a deeper conversation.
We are asked to consider aspects of racial justice (awareness, healing, reconciliation, etc.) and to submit a courageous question for consideration to lead off the conversation. (For example, an attendee might submit the question “What do you perceive as your implicit bias?” or “What was your most recent experience observing racial injustice?”.)
The QUESTION CIRCLE will explore the elements of curiosity, inclusiveness, and stepping into another person’s belief system.
The improvisation will be facilitated as follows:
1. Within the first five minutes the attendees will vote on which question to lead the Circle off from the questions submitted prior to the event.
2. Any attendee may answer the question uninterrupted for up to 3 minutes.
3. The same attendee will form a new question based on her or his answer. A facilitator will help with this process.
4. Any attendee may answer the first attendee’s “spin-off” question for up to 3 minutes and form a new question.
5. Steps 2 through 5 are repeated. Each attendee may only answer/ask one question until all attendees have contributed to the conversation or the 28-minute time limit expires – whichever happens first. Only about six or seven attendees are expected to participate with a 28-minute time limit.
The original question will be addressed before the close of our time together.
Any questions not explored or not explored deep enough will create content for future Fellowship Circle conversations. The purpose of the QUESTION CIRCLE is to spark a deeper conversation.